"And then.... there are other ways to go about handling your 'affairs'... easy and uncomplicated ways, depending on YOUR individual circumstance and situation"
.
NOTE - - - Copy and paste each article into a word processor, print, and place in a 3-ring binder for your family - - -

Saturday, October 25, 2008

#6...Important Legal Information

Important “Legal” Information For _________________

Date prepared _______________


NOTE: the following information is used only as an example because everyone’s situation is different.


I have a “Will”, but the only assets I have, have all been taken care of with beneficiary names on them or in the case of vehicles…a second name. So even though I have a will, it has no bearing on the dispersion of my estate, other than it states that ______________ should have certain possessions of mine. All my children have a copy of my will. As stated in my will, ONLY the original shall be my will, and the original is located in __________________.


I, ______________, have appointed __________________, as Power of Attorney for me, to do legal things and also involving decisions of anything financial with my accounts. The legal paper is called “General Power of Attorney”(with Durable Provision). The above named person, _____________, has the original copy.



I, ________________ have made out a “Living Will”, and have appointed ______________, as my agent, to make medical treatment decisions for me while I am still alive but not able to speak for myself. The legal paper is called “Special Power of Attorney”. The above named person, ____________, has the original copy of the agent part.



On my checking accounts, I have arranged with the _________________Bank, for ________________, to be able to write checks for me to pay my bills, in the event that I am not able to do so while I am still alive.



Other:





Signed ____________________