"And then.... there are other ways to go about handling your 'affairs'... easy and uncomplicated ways, depending on YOUR individual circumstance and situation"
.
NOTE - - - Copy and paste each article into a word processor, print, and place in a 3-ring binder for your family - - -

Monday, January 12, 2009

#12...Part 2, Immediate Financial Things

Upon My Death
Name:________________________

Date prepared_______________

Part 2... IMMEDIATE FINANCIAL THINGS

THE FOLLOWING THINGS ARE FINANCIAL AND HAVE BENEFICIARIES…..SO TAKE CARE OF AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE DEATH CERTIFICATES FROM THE MORTUARY (Order one certificate for each of you children and about 3 or more for financial and insurance purposes)


NOTE: The following are some examples of what you need to include, if the situation fits you. Suggested ideas are also shown.


My date of birth: ______________

Place of birth: _________________

My Social Security # is:__________________________


* All my important papers are in the _________________________________ (my will, insurance policies, etc.).


* My checking accounts and savings accounts are with_______________________ Bank.

* First, pay all my final bills with the money that is in my checking account. This may take a couple of weeks before the companies send a final bill, you pay it, and it clears the bank. I may have Hospital and Doctor bills, too, depending on my condition at time of death and what Medicare and my Medicare supplement did not pay. If there is not sufficient money in the checking account to cover bills, the remainder will have to come out of other accounts/policies I have.


* My ____________Bank checking account # is: _____________; _________________ is the second owner of the account so he/she can pay any of my bills from it,) The checkbook is located in____________________. More blank checks are located in ________________________.


Note: Any money left over in this checking account, after you are sure all bills are paid, I would like to have divided between my children.


* I have a “Savings” account at ________________ Bank. Account # ____________________ Each month, around the 5th, they automatically take $75.00 out of my main checking account and put it into this savings account. ________________ is the beneficiary.



* My IRA Annuity Policy # is: __________________ It is with _____________________ company, office address is ___________________________. My agents name is ______________, phone ___________. He will instruct you as to what to do.



* My Annuity Policy # is: ____________________ It is with ___________________ company, office address is ___________________. My agents name is ____________, phone _________________.


* There will most likely NOT be an inheritance tax any family member needs to pay on any money left to them. I was told it is only involved in when there is an amount of about one million dollars.

* I have a life insurance policy with _____________________ company. Policy # ________________________. Address ______________________. Phone __________________. My agents name is ___________________. ; ____________ is the beneficiary of the policy because he/she will take the money and use it to pay for all of my Funeral expenses). You will need to send the insurance company an original copy of my death certificate and also my contract (I think). Call them right away and they will instruct you.


NOTE:
any money left over from this policy after paying my funeral expenses, I would like to have divided up and an equal portion going to each of my grandchildren.